People Development Leader
People Development Leader
Field Human Resource Support
As we continue our rapid growth and development in our restaurant brands. The People Development Leader position is accountable for providing critical human resources support targeting internal development, to the field, as well as to the HR team.
1. Promote a region recognition culture
2. Ensure engagement initiatives are executed consistently
3. Ensure effective communication processes within the region
1. Internal Bench Planning – monthly review of training progress and staffing needs
2. Panel Selection process – minimum of monthly for shift managers and above
3. Employment Marketing – sourcing candidates, training management teams on tools and resources
4. Recruiting Support
Learning and Development
1. New internal and external RGM support
2. Training audits – conversations with trainees about training experience
3. Monitoring execution of training process
4. Certified Training unit / Restaurant Training Manager certifications
1. Partner in Leadership review process with Region Manager
2. Individual Development plans – follow up on individual development initiatives
3. One on one coaching for performance along with the Region Manager
1. Track and respond to all Employee Relations concerns for the Region
4. Partner with Area Managers to manage effective investigation process
5. Ensure compliance with employment law
General knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources administration; knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of human resources management; knowledge of the various organizations/brands and working knowledge of basic operations of each; ability to develop long-term plans and programs, to evaluate work accomplishments and to build relationships with Operations and other department heads to proactively identify and solve performance gaps; ability to adapt practices and techniques to the special requirements of senior management; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees and the general public; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form; ability to effectively deliver classroom training, facilitate meetings and events and deliver oral presentations to audiences of all varieties, including size, organizational level and experience.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum Five (5) years of multi-store and multi state generalist experience in human resources, required
* A bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Psychology, or Education, preferred
* Any equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
* Excellent writing and communications skills, required
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office software, including Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint, required
* Up to 50% local (some overnight) travel, required
* Multi-brand and multi-state experience in a restaurant or retail environment, required
* SHRM/HRCI Certified Professional (PHR), preferred.
* Experience in a fast-paced, growing workplace. Strong understanding of Human Resources principles, with experience handling complex and sensitive associate matters.
* Mastery level of behavioral interviewing and adherence to federal/state labor laws associated with recruitment and selection.
* Experience with applicant tracking systems, maximizing its functionality, and implementation. Experience developing and leading onboarding programs.
* Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative professional who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions. Self-motivated with ability to manage deadlines. Exceptional communication and presentation skills.