STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Manages the operations and staff of a Wendy's restaurant, including the execution of all Company policies,
procedures, programs and systems. Ensures achievement of restaurant objectives are reached in all areas while
following all Company guidelines. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws and ethical business
practices. Provides leadership, direction, training and development to subordinate managers and crew.
An individual must be able to perform each of the essential functions satisfactorily. NPC Quality Burgers will, upon
request, provide reasonable accommodation in accordance with the ADA to the known physical or mental limitations
of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant with a disability, unless to do so would cause the company an undue
hardship. The Restaurant General Manager must be able to perform each the following essential functions:
* Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
* Must be able to take direction and work well with others
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and accomplish multiple tasks within established
* Must be able to stand much of the work day
* Must be able to concentrate and perform duties accurately
* Must be able to react to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned
* Must be able to perform the Accountabilities and Key Measurement Criteria
* Must be able to fulfill the Knowledge and Ability Section
* Must be able to perform as stated in the Work Environment; Physical Demands Section
Direct supervision is assigned to this position and job responsibilities include providing functional guidance to Crew
Members, Sr. Crew Members, Shift Leaders and Assistant Managers, including training/development, assignment
delegation, instruction, and follow-through. Restaurant General Managers have the authority to hire, discipline and
terminate employees but must consult with their Area General Manager and Human Resources Manager in regards
to disciplinary actions and terminations.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
Key Measurement Criteria: In order to achieve consistency throughout our system as we measure and
evaluate performance, the measurement criteria following each accountability should be considered
and evaluated. The actual results as well as the methods used to obtain the results should be
assessed and commented on within the performance evaluation. The Key Measurement Criteria should not
be viewed as the only factors to evaluate, as there are normally additional items that
relate to a specific individual or market.
1. Leads the restaurant team in meeting or exceeding all company established People Metrics by
utilizing all available tools and systems; providing training, instruction and follow up for restaurant
team in regards to People processes; and creating/executing restaurant plans to improve People
metrics. Utilizes Interviewing and Selection tools during the hiring process. Executes 4 Corner
Training consistently utilizing WeLearn courses and Observation Checklists. Treats all team
members fairly with respect and dignity.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
* Annualized crew turnover of 100%-119%
* Restaurant WeLearn Certifications at average of 13-15
* Restaurant staffing at 85%-95%
2. Leads the restaurant team in meeting or exceeding all company established Service Metrics by utilizing all
established tools and procedures; providing training, instruction and follow up for all restaurant team
members in regards to all Service processes/procedures; and creating/executing restaurant plans to
improve Service metrics. Utilizes Voice of the Customer Data to establish areas of opportunities and
responds appropriately by executing the Customer Experience Playbook. Establishes daily shift goals and
appropriately completes the Daily Operations Plan and Huddles to appropriately position employees and
execute a focused, A level shift. Resolves customer problems with care and concern utilizing BLAST. Seeks
customer feedback by regularly performing Table Visits and Pick Up Window Visits. Utilizes Total
Restaurant Cleaning system and conducts regular restaurant Walk Throughs to maintain a clean, inviting
restaurant that is always Rush Ready.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
* Voice of the Customer Overall Satisfaction scores of 60% or higher
* Restaurant Speed of Service metrics maintained at 156-180 seconds
* Customer Experience Evaluation score of 90% or better
3. Leads the restaurant team in meeting or exceeding all company established Sales Metrics utilizing all
available systems tools and procedures; providing training, instruction and follow up to all restaurant team
members in regards to Sales Growth processes/procedures; and creating/executing restaurant plans to
improve Sales metrics. Drives ticket growth by keeping team focused on suggestive selling and add ons.
Drives traffic growth by providing positive guest experiences to drive repeat visits and positive word of
mouth advertising. Gets involved in the local community in a way that drives Sales in the restaurant
(Community Nights, donations, sponsorships, appearances at community events.) Knows local trade area
and provides information to help the company remain competitive. Executes all LTO and new product
initiatives, appropriately including team member training, suggestive selling, quality control and POP
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
* Positive Comp Sales Percentage 0-5 pts above company average
* Ticket Growth Percentage 0-1.5 pts above company average
* Traffic Growth Percentage 0-5 pts above company average
4. Leads the restaurant team in meeting or exceeding all company established financial metrics utilizing all
available systems, tools and procedure; providing training, instruction and follow up to all restaurant team
members in regards to Profit Growth processes/procedures; and creating/executing restaurant plans to
improve Financial metrics. Adheres to published schedules/creates schedules and makes forecasting/labor
adjustments as necessary to maintain labor guide variance at an acceptable level. Completes accurate
daily/weekly inventory counts, maintains acceptable inventory levels, ensures FIFO is utilized and ensures
customer orders are correctly keyed into the POS system to minimize food waste and eliminate theft in the
restaurant. Maintains a safe working environment to avoid customer or team member injuries. Trains and
monitors Shift Leaders and Crew Members to properly utilize and care for all restaurant equipment and
supplies to minimize maintenance and replacement costs.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
* Food Variance of 1.5%-1.79%
* Period Labor Variance of +/-30-59.99 hours
* Controllable Profit Growth of 2%-4.9%
5. Consistently demonstrates NPC Quality Burgers Leadership Traits and works to develop these traits in
subordinate management team members.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
* Always does the right thing: Leads with the utmost integrity and has zero tolerance for unethical
behavior. Focuses on what is best for our product, people, and place.
* Is a steward of people: Takes a people first mentality, treating others with dignity and respect. Elevates
performance through coaching and people development.
* Builds and inspires a strong team: Selects the right talent and never compromises standards. Inspires
through positive energy, recognition and leading by example.
* Exudes positive enthusiasm: Believes in the positive intentions of others. Maintains professional maturity
with a balance of realism, optimism and fun.
* Proactively solves problems without excuses: Acts with urgency to solve problems and remove
* Acts courageously and challenges the status quo: Asks questions, is not afraid to challenge themselves
and others to improve every day.
* Is open minded and an active learner: Continuously learns by staying up-to-date on current events and
industry trends. Is curious, invites feedback and wants to try new things.
* Has humility and self-confidence: Is self-aware and uplifting. Knows their personal strengths and leads
* Has Pride in self and work: Is a self-starter and delivers quality work, has high-standards for themselves
and their team.
* Is committed to winning: Is competitive and wants to be the best, committed to the overall cause of the
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
* Certified in State and Company food safety requirements. (ServSafe)
* Ability to learn and apply Wendy's standard operating procedures including these supervisory and
o Interviewing and onboarding processes
o Labor Scheduling processes
o Inventory maintenance process
o Analyzing restaurant P&L
o Supervisory processes/procedures
o Training and development processes and procedures
* Ability to learn and apply NPC Quality Burgers Human Resources policies and procedures
* Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local employment laws.
* Ability to satisfactorily complete recommended company training programs, including, but not
limited to, Crew positional training program, Wendy's University and Serve Safe Food Safety Certification.
* At least 18 years of age.
* One or more years of General Manager experience (External Candidates)
* Minimum six months of experience as a QB Assistant Manager (Internal Candidates)
* Must possess a valid Driver's License and reliable transportation to get to and from work, transport deposits
to the bank daily with no other occupants in the vehicle and transport product when necessary.
* Must work a minimum of 50 hours per week with availability to open, close and work weekends to be
available during the busiest times in the restaurant.
* Personnel file free of corrective action for minimum of 180 days. (Internal Candidates)
* Successful completion of a criminal background check and MVR required. (External Candidates)
WORK ENVIRONMENT; PHYSICAL DEMANDS
In order to satisfactorily execute and meet the above accountabilities and key measurement criteria, a Restaurant
General Manager must perform the duties on site, in accordance with customary scheduling requirements for this
position (including ability to work many different shifts). The position frequently requires working at a fast pace and
may involve exposure to noise, heat, cold or other elements. It is also necessary to use a headset to take orders,
take direction or give direction. Restaurant General Managers may be required to transfer from one location to
another as business needs dictate. The Restaurant General Manager position requires bending, kneeling, reaching,
lifting (up to 25 pounds, as necessary), standing for long periods without a break, and ability to travel to other
restaurants, meeting venues, etc.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees
within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.